Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200
Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band WiFi range extender helps you eliminate dead zones, delivering wireless coverage of up to 10,000 square feet. The extender repeats the wireless signals incoming from your existing router or access point and provides uninterrupted internet connectivity in every nook and cranny of your home or workplace. What's more, the Linksys RE6500 setup is extremely easy – no installation CD is required.
On this page, you will find every information regarding how to setup Linksys RE6500 AC1200 WiFi range extender. Read on.
Linksys Extender Setup RE6500 AC1200
Linksys extender setup RE6500 AC1200 can be performed in two ways. They are: Manual Method and WPS Method.
Linksys AC1200 Setup | RE6500: Manual Method
In order to perform Linksys AC1200 setup for RE6500 using the Manual Method, follow the steps outlined below:
First of all, plug your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 dual-band WiFi range extender into a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect your Linksys extender to the home WiFi router using it.
- Next, power on your PC or laptop and connect it to a reliable WiFi network.
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Once done, the Linksys RE6500 login page appears.
- Here, you need to enter the default username and password.
- After entering the credentials, click on the Log In button.
- The next screen displays a series of Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender setup steps.
- All you need to do is simply follow them in the exact given order.
That's it! In this way, you can set up your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 WiFi range extender. If you come across any type of technical issue during the Linksys WiFi extender setup process, feel free to contact our experts anytime.
Linksys Range Extender RE6500 Setup: WPS Method
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) is the easiest method to set up Linksys RE6500 extender. Just go through with the following instructions for Linksys range extender RE6500 setup using WPS method:
Plug your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 into an electrical power outlet and power it on.
- Press the WPS button present on your AC1200 wireless extender.
- Press the WPS button on your home WiFi router.
- Wait for the WPS LED to turn into solid green.
- After that, unplug the Linksys extender from the electrical power outlet and place it anywhere in your home.
So, setting up Linksys RE6500 is quite easy, isn't it?
Linksys RE6500 Manual | AC1200
When you buy a brand new AC1200 extender, you will get a Linksys RE6500 manual in the package. This Manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to ending. All you have to do is simply walk through these Linksys RE6500 setup instructions and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding these installation instructions is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Linksys WiFi extender with great ease is to contact our professionals via live chat or email. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
Linksys AC1200 RE6500 Setup Issues
Linksys AC1200 login fails
- Linksys RE6500 no light error
- Unable to access the default login web address
- Can't update the firmware of Linksys RE6500
- Linksys AC1200 extender orange light error
- Unable to find the default Linksys extender IP address
- Linksys AC1200 RE6500 setup page not responding
- Unable to perform Linksys RE6500 reset
- Forgot the Linksys extender password
- Unable to set up Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender
- The extender is not turning on
- Internet connectivity problems
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band wireless range extender setup issues provided above, reach out to our highly-experienced technicians without any delay.
Linksys WiFi Extender RE6500 Setup Troubleshooting
For novice users, below are some DIY troubleshooting tips to fix your Linksys WiFi Extender RE6500 Setup problems:
Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues while logging into your Linksys RE6500 extender, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Linksys AC1200 RE6500 login.
- Update the latest Linksys firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don't panic. Just reach out to our experts and fix your Linksys RE6500 extender setup issues.
How to Update Linksys RE6500 Firmware?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Linksys RE6500 AC1200 WiFi range extender setup? If yes, then update Linksys RE6500 firmware right away.
Here's how to update the firmware on your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 wireless extender:
First and foremost, download the latest version of Linksys AC1200 firmware on your PC.
- Turn on your WiFi extender.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice on your PC.
- Log in to your Linksys RE6500 extender using the username and password.
- Once logged in, click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on the Choose File button.
- Choose the firmware file you have downloaded.
- Hit on the Start Upgrade button.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Linksys AC1200 RE6500 firmware update properly.
That's it! Your extender's firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts anytime.