Linksys RE6400 Setup | AC1200
For Linksys RE6400 Setup, first you have to become a little familiar with your device. The RE6400 extender by Linksys is a Boost WiFi extender that works on 802.11ac technology. With its two powerful external antennas, the extender instantly enhances the range of your wireless network. Basically, it doubles the signals of your router to increase both – the range and strength. It belongs to AC1200 extender’s family which offers a signal coverage area of 1200 square feet.
Prerequisites for Linksys Extender RE6400 Setup
- An active wireless connection
- Credentials for the WiFi network -WiFi name and Security Key
- The extender should be well connected to power supply
Steps for Linksys Extender Setup RE6400
Here are the steps that you need for Linksys Extender Setup RE6400:
- Open your computer or laptop, click on the wireless icon.
- Now you will get a list of available wireless networks within your device’s range.
- Select Linksys Extender Setup-xxx from the list.
- Once connected to the network, open any web browser.
- In the address bar, type http//:extender.linksys.com and press enter key.
- Check-mark the acceptance box of the user license agreement. Tap on start setup.
- Choose “setup as a wireless extender” and click on “next”.
- Select the wireless network name that you wish to extend.
- It may take a few minutes to detect your wireless network.
- However, if it gets fails to detect your network then enter the SSID manually.
- Thereafter, enter the password in the prompted box.
- Configure your range extender using the further on-screen instructions.
- After making the setting changes as per your requirements, click on next.
- Use the spot finder technology to check the location of the extender.
- If it says the location is right, click on next. Else, make the required changes.
- The final step is to create an Admin password to get access to the setting portal of your extender in the future.
- Tap on save, once you’re done with setting up the admin password.
Unable to Complete Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Setup?
In case you’re unable to complete the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Setup process, these troubleshooting tips can help:
- First of all, make sure that the extender is properly connected to the power supply.
- Do not initiate the setup process till you don’t get the blinking orange light.
- Prior to open the web-based setup portal on your browser, clear the cache and cookies.
- Be cautious while typing the password as it is case sensitive.
- If you are stuck on the extender login screen, reset the extender by pressing the reset button and then try again.
- Also, if you are setting up a gifted or a refurbished extender, you need to reset it to the factory defaults prior to the setup.
- Make sure the firmware of the extender is updated to the latest version.
- You can upgrade the firmware from the web-based settings portal of your extender.
Linksys AC1200 Setup | RE6400: WPS Method
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) is the easiest method to set up Linksys RE6400 AC1200 extender. Just go through with the following instructions for Linksys AC1200 setup using WPS method:
- Plug your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 into an electrical power outlet and power it on.
- Press the WPS button present on your AC1200 wireless extender.
- Press the WPS button on your home WiFi router.
- Wait for the WPS LED to turn into solid green.
- After that, unplug the Linksys extender from the electrical power outlet and place it anywhere in your home.
So, setting up Linksys RE6400 is quite easy, isn't it?
Linksys RE6400 Firmware Update
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Linksys RE6400 AC1200 WiFi range extender setup? If yes, then perform the Linksys RE6400 firmware update right away.
Here's how to update the firmware on your Linksys AC1200 RE6400 wireless extender:
- First and foremost, download the latest version of Linksys AC1200 firmware on your PC.
- Turn on your WiFi extender.
- After that, load a web browser as per your choice on your PC.
- Log in to your extender using your user ID and Linksys RE6400 setup password.
- Once logged in, click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, hit the Choose File button.
- Select the firmware file you have downloaded.
- Click on the Start Upgrade button.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Linksys AC1200 RE6400 firmware update properly.
That's it! Your extender's firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts anytime.
Linksys AC1200 RE6400 WiFi Extender Setup Issues
- The extender is not turning on
- Not able to find the default Linksys extender IP address
- Unable to perform Linksys RE6400 reset
- Linksys AC1200 login fails
- Linksys AC1200 RE6400 setup page not responding
- Linksys RE6400 no light error
- Unable to access the default login web address
- Can't update the firmware of Linksys RE6400
- Forgot the Linksys RE6400 setup password
- Can't set up Linksys AC1200 RE6400 extender
- Linksys AC1200 extender orange light error
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Internet connectivity problems
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 dual-band wireless range extender setup issues provided above, reach out to our highly-experienced technicians without any delay.
Linksys RE6400 Manual | AC1200
When you buy a brand new AC1200 extender, you will get a Linksys RE6400 manual in the package. This Manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to ending. All you have to do is simply walk through these Linksys RE6400 setup instructions and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding these installation instructions is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender with great ease is to contact our professionals via live chat or email. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.