Ultimate Tips on Changing Linksys WiFi Password
Changing the WiFi password is really important for the security of your Linksys device. If you are not able to make the most of your Linksys extender or extender.linksys.com not working for you the way you want, then perhaps someone is leeching your WiFi. To stop experiencing such problems, you need to change the Linksys WiFi password.
Although changing the WiFi password is not rocket science, users sometimes need assistance to make things happen. If you are also encountering issues while changing the password of your Linksys extender or are not familiar with the ways to change the password of WiFi, consider following the useful tips mentioned below.
How to Change Linksys WiFi Password?
There are times when we need to change our WiFi password. This article will teach you ways to change the Linksys WiFi password in a simple way.
Tip: No matter whether you have Linksys RE4000W setup at your home or installed any other model, the steps will work for all the Linksys extender models in the same manner.
Let's get started!
- Power up your Linksys range extender and access an internet browser using a device connected to your WiFi.
- Once done, type extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the internet browser.
- Hitting the Yes button or Enter Key, you will be taken to the Linksys extender login page.
- Now, type the Linksys default password into the Password field.
Tip: If you have personalized the password of your Linksys after completing the Linksys extender setup process, use that instead.
- Once you reach the graphical user interface of your Linksys WiFi range extender, navigate to its settings and locate the Wireless > Wireless Security option.
- There, you can locate the change password field.
- Now, set a new password for your Linksys WiFi device.
- You perhaps will be asked to reconfirm your password.
- So, do the same by re-entering the new password.
- The password will become effective after you hit the Save Settings option.
- With that, your Linksys WiFi extender password has been changed.
After completing the Linksys WiFi password changing process, all the devices connected to your Linksys WiFi will show no internet access. Well, no need to worry! Simply, disconnect and reconnect them by making use of your new Linksys WiFi password.
- If you have forgotten your current Linksys WiFi password, you will not be able to access the Linksys extender login page. To get rid of the issue, you need to reset your Linksys extender to the default factory settings. After that, configure the device again and access the login page of the Linksys extender using the default password.
- You are suggested to set a hard-to-crack password for your Linksys extender. For making the password strong, you can add symbols, numbers, or special characters to the password.
- Enable the password recovery feature on your extender after changing the default password. For that, you need to answer a few security questions. Doing so will help in case you again forget your password and don't want to get in the mess of the reset and reconfiguration process.
Our guide on how to change Linksys WiFi password ends here. We hope you will be able to make changes to your Linksys password by following the guidelines given in the post. If you get stuck with an issue while making changes to your WiFi password, feel free to get in touch with our technical support experts for quick help.