How to Connect Linksys Extender to Router?
Linksys WiFi extenders have made it extremely easy for users to enjoy seamless connectivity in every corner of their home, but they are still tricky to setup for many. Here we are going to sum up the ways to make you learn how to connect Linksys extender to the router for boosting the reach of your WiFi.
While your router might have enough signal strength to let you stream or surf, it may not be able to cover far areas in your home, especially if your own a large one. Doing the Linksys range extender setup, you can fill in the gaps or dead zones in your home by expanding your existing WiFi signals to no WiFi areas. While Linksys extenders are easier to use, some users find the task of connecting the extender to their router really cumbersome. If you are also facing the same issue, here’s how to connect Linksys extender to your router within a few minutes.
How to Connect Linksys Extender to Your WiFi Router Manually?
- Plug your Linksys extender into a power socket and turn it on.
- During the initial Linksys extender Setup, try to position the device close to your WiFi router for easy access. However, once the setup completes, you can change its location anywhere in the home.
- Next, access an Ethernet cable and use it to connect the Linksys extender to your home router.
Note: Keep in mind that the entire Linksys extender configuration process should be performed using a wired connection so that a flawless connection can be established.
- Now, open your favorite browser on your computer and type extender.linksys.com in the web address bar.
- Pressing the Enter key will launch the Linksys extender login page asking you to fill the username and password into the blank fields.
- Fill the Linksys default login credentials and hit on the Login button.
- Doing so will lead you to your Linksys extender’s dashboard.
- Here, head over to the WiFi settings and select the WiFi network you are looking to extend, and hit Continue.
- The next pop-up screen will then request you for entering the SSID name.
- For beginners, SSID is the technical term used for the network name.
- Type the WiFi network name you wish to keep in the SSID field.
- Followed by that, in the Wireless Security option, select the WPA/WPA2 option because it is considered as the best security protocol for the WiFi network.
- Next, give a strong password – a perfect mix of alphabets, special characters, and numbers.
- Once done, click on the Save button to put all the changes into effect.
- Disconnect your Linksys extender from the router and place it anywhere in your home.
- Now, you will be getting a wide WiFi coverage and enjoying the internet with no network drop.
Thus, by following the instructions mentioned above, you can easily connect Linksys extender to router for any model you want, no matter if Linksys RE6500 setup is your choice or you want to make RE7000 operational.
How to Connect Linksys Extender to Router Using WPS Button?
You can also use the WPS push button for the Linksys WiFi extender setup. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the job done:
- Keep your Linksys WiFi extender and the existing wireless router in the same room.
- Plugin the Linksys WiFi extender to an electric power outlet and Let the power LED on it turns green.
- Press and hold the WPS button present at the back panel of the Linksys extender – the location of the button may vary as per the Linksys extender model you have, so check accordingly.
- Thereafter, press the WPS push button on your home WiFi router.
- Unplug your Linksys WiFi extender and place it to a location of your choice or where you want to expand WiFi signals.
- Try connecting your smartphone or PC to the extended Linksys wireless network to check if your Linksys extender has got connected to the router or not.
Here ends our guide on how to connect Linksys extender to the home WiFi router. We hope that this post has helped you to make your Linksys WiFi range extender up and running without any hassle. Just in case if you stuck at any step, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. Our technicians are available 24x7 to answer all your queries related to Linksys extenders.