How to Change Linksys Extender Operation Mode?
Linksys provides its users an option to change their devices to various modes. For example, you can set your Linksys extender as an access point and if needed can change it to the range extender mode. Here comes the Linksys extender operation mode feature into action. If you want to change your Linksys extender from AP mode to range extender mode or vice versa, then you can make it happen by changing the operation mode. However, to get success with the process, you need to access the web-based setup page of your range extender via Linksys extender login.
Here, in this blog, we're going to give you a detailed explanation of how to change operation mode on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
Switch from Range Extender Mode to AP Mode Via Linksys Extender Operation Mode
This method suits the needs of those users who want to use their Linksys WiFi range extender as an access point so as to avoid any WiFi interference while making use of their device. For switching to AP mode from the range extender mode, you need to change Linksys extender operation mode. Below is the process to get it executed.
- Open a web browser on your device and access the extender.linksys.com web address.
- Now, try accessing the dashboard of your extender by doing the extender login.
- When you reach out to the Settings screen of your extender, navigate to the Basic Settings option under Wireless.
- You can there find the Operation Mode option.
- Select the Change option to switch your extender from the range extender mode to the access point mode.
- Before that make sure you have connected your extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- You can either change the settings of your device as per your need or keep them as default.
- As soon as you complete the process, click Change to make modifications effective.
- Wait for a while as your Linksys extender will reboot.
This is how you can switch from extender mode to access mode via Linksys extender operation mode feature.
Switch from AP Mode to Range Extender Mode Via Linksys Extender Operation Mode
Just in case you want to switch your extender settings from access point mode to the range extender mode, here's how to get it done.
- Access the web-based setup wizard of your device by doing the Linksys WiFi extender login.
- This can be done by typing the default web address of your Linksys extender in the address field of your browser. And then, entering the password in the login field.
- Once done, locate the Basic Settings option by going towards the Wireless button.
- Now select the Change button under the Linksys extender Operation Mode option.
- Choose the Wireless Range Extender option to proceed further.
- You, then need to choose the name of your WiFi from the list available.
- For accessing it, however, you need to enter your WiFi password. So, do the same and hit Next.
- Make changes to the settings of your device the way you want and click Change.
- You are now free to disconnect the Ethernet cable used by you for connecting your extender to the home WiFi router.
- Wait for a while and let your Linksys WiFi range extender reboots.
This is all about switching the settings of your Linksys from access point mode to range extender mode.
Linksys extender operation mode makes it really easy for you to switch your WiFi range extender settings from AP mode to extender mode or vice versa. Although, getting success with the process is a cakewalk, still if you get stuck somewhere and need assistance, feel free to contact our technical support executives to help you out.
How did you find the write-up? Do share your thoughts with us!