All-Inclusive Guide to Connect Xbox with Linksys WiFi Extender
Is your existing router not allowing you to play games on "Xbox" without interruption? If so, then you must consider a Linksys WiFi range extender.
Linksys extender is a superb device that provides you the WiFi range into those areas where your main router fails to reach.
So, to take your gaming experience to the next level, it is best to connect Xbox to Linksys extender. This post will guide you on how to connect the Xbox with Linksys WiFi extender in a hassle-free manner. Continue reading.
Prior to configuring your gaming device with the Linksys extender, make sure you have the following things:
- Linksys extender's WiFi password.
- Wired connection if you need increased speed.
- Linksys extender setup process should be performed correctly.
- Active internet connection.
- An up-to-date router.
How to connect Xbox with Linksys range extender?
- Connect your gaming device with the Linksys extender using a WiFi or a wired connection.
- Navigate to the "Xbox Settings".
- Under the "Settings" section, navigate to "All Settings".
- Click on "Network" and select "Setup Wireless network" option.
- It will display a list of available WiFi networks that are active within the range of Linksys extender's WiFi network.
- Type in the password or security key for your Linksys extender.
- Once connected, you're good to go.
Connect your gaming device with the 5 GHz network only for better WiFi speed.
On the off chance that you are facing issues while connecting your gaming device to the WiFi extender, then ensure that you have set up the Linksys device properly.
Want to know complete Linksys range extender setup instructions? If yes, then below are the must-follow steps to consider.
To setup Linksys extender:
- Connect the Linksys extender to your main router. Also, ensure that both the devices are properly plugged in.
- Grab a smartphone, computer or laptop and turn it on.
- Once done, open a web browser and head over its address bar.
- Type Linksys extender IP address.
- Press Enter.
- Linksys extender login window displays.
- Enter the default admin details and click on Log In.
- Select your WiFi network and enter its password.
- Hit the Next button once you're done.
- The "Spot Finder" technology will identify your extender's location. Click on Next. On the off chance that your Linksys device is placed far or too close to your main router, relocate your extender and perform the setup process again.
- Secure your Linksys device by creating a strong password and click on the Next button.
Your Linksys WiFi extender is successfully setup. Register your product and hit the Next button.
Note: While setting up Linksys extender, make sure to use non-damaged Ethernet cable to connect your main router to the WiFi extender.